Monday, July 8, 2013


”Walking and turning around rapidly with a satchel in one hand, a cane in the other”
Animal Locomotion Plate 49, 1887
 Eadweard Muybridge
Yesterday on the way to a.pass, when I went out at the tram stop and headed towards canal, I started to, while keeping attention to my walk, revisit my sensations from the way I went through till the tram stopped.
I was wondering if I can parallelize experience that lasted for some time with the one I am having now, keeping the track of two sensational realities at once.
I only managed to have some short parallelities, some more intentionally driven, some less:

While walking simultaneously dawn the stairs in my house and up the road in Molenbeeck I almost freeze when feel the nervous jump done some 20 minutes ago in the moment when I think that I forgot the keys in the room, and maybe the telephone too.
Carrying my heavy bag on the right arm, walking through zebra crossing, I put it down on the floor of the corridor and bend to look inside. The telephone is there, and I have it here somewhere under my armpit in the bag.
Then sitting in the tram, feeling my back leaning upon sof, but filthy seat, and walking is not so easy. Just giving attention to this parallel is making me turn my pelvis in, bend my knees and give more weight to the back of my body having the legs leading me in a funny way, which is not at all comfortable position to walk.
 It is easier for me to feel the gesture of folding my skirt together after adjusting myself to the new sit in the tram, and looking down on to my feet rhythmically appearing one ahead of the other in front of me, on  the pavement. Do I fell this motion in the tram?
Then looking at the Japanese men in front of me, who suddenly starts to turn his palms, as if giving warm-up to his wrist before a Kung-Fu class, he does it for very long, lifting the hand high,  and I feel my wrist turning too,  a smile on my face,  and suddenly a row of chickens on the roasting spit on my left side, turning too. And then there is a street corner, I jump again, because I think I just missed my stop, and run to the doors when realizing, it’s not really a stop, it’s a fish shop stinking really bad, again on my left.  Then I look  in the book which I hold in the left hand:
“Increase of awareness will help them to find a way out of confusion and free their energies for creative work”[1]


[1] Feldenkrais, M. Awareness through movement, Harper One 1990, p 171

No comments:

Post a Comment